Fluffy Banana Pancakes - Q's Kitchen

Fluffy Banana Pancakes


This has been the most hectic of months; a lot of preparation, planning, excitement, disappointment, acceptance, happiness. It's been a bit of rollercoaster, but I suppose that's adult life (in truth I'm only just getting to grips with it, but I'm remaining hopeful). Well, mama always said life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. 
Just kidding, my mama never said that, it was Forrest Gump's and in truth I don't know if I agree with the analogy, I only get the chocolate selections that I like and so I know exactly what I'm going to get/enjoy.
However if we look at the complete other end of the health spectrum.. fruit, I am far more indecisive. For example, I sometimes like melon and other times I hate the taste of it, I prefer oranges in the evenings (crazy, I know), I don't eat fresh blueberries but love them in food and when it comes to bananas, I'm very conflicted. Its the texture of raw banana that's a no-go but I do have a few banana recipes that I adore.
This being one of them - fluffy banana pancakes, one of my favourite and most requested breakfast items. And so apt considering its actually pancake day!
These pancakes are so easy to make, but have a beautifully delicate flavour and they're actually quite filling; so great for a long work day or lazy weekend brunch or pancake day (or any day in-between).

To make these pancakes you will need a few ingredients: 
  1. Plain flour
  2. Banana
  3. Vanilla essence
  4. Eggs
  5. Baking powder
  6. Brown sugar
  7. Cinnamon
  8. Milk
To start with grab your selected banana, mine is less ripe than I would have liked but I was a bit impatient. Then you just want to mash it with a fork until it is a smooth creamy consistency with minimal lumps.
To this, add in two whisked eggs and give everything a good mix.
Whisk in a generous dash of vanilla flavouring and half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Follow up with a three tablespoons of brown sugar, I prefer this as it lends a subtle almost caramel tasting sweetness to the pancakes.
Now to thin down the batter to create the right consistency, whisk in one cup of milk - use whatever type you prefer.
And finally, whisk in one and a half cups of plain flour and one tsp of baking powder.
Give the batter and good mix, although it is likely that some lumps may remain. 
To a heated non-stick pan drop on a ladleful of the mixture and let it cook until you see little bubbles and the bottom is golden brown.
Then flip (no acrobat skills required) and cook for a few more minutes til the other side is also well cooked.
Repeat the process for the remaining batter and serve your pancakes warm with a selection of toppings - banana slices, golden syrup, cinnamon, powdered sugar, or nutella.
😋
Enjoy!
 Q x 

No comments